Studying at college or university can be expensive, but Student Awards Agency Scotland will guide you on how to get funding. This help is not automatic you need to apply to them.
Attending college or university can be very expensive. So you need to plan start by thinking about the costs of
- Tuition fees
- Books and equipment
- Living costs (food, transport, socialising etc.)
- Make a list compare with family, friends, teachers or anyone else to see if you have included everything
Now who can help to pay?
- Any savings you have
- Do you have a job or intend to get one
- Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
This help is not automatic you need to apply to them.
Typically they can help with
- A loan of up to £6750 to help with accommodation and living costs
- Support for additional learning costs if you have a disability
- Additional support for students in special circumstances, such as lone parents, those with dependents.
Now make a budget as a starting point, and get how much you have to spare or if you have a shortfall.
Talk with family and friends about your budget and start thinking about how to change it if you need to or contact GEMAP for support with
- Getting a bank account
- Maximising your income
Alternatively we have some SAAS workshops we can run at your school if you and some friends would like more info, contact GEMAP and ask for Scott